Tuesday 22 April 2014

Mystery Animal

Another beautiful Melville sunset ending the Easter weekend!
Mystery Animal
So the other day Raven I were walking along the beach in Melville and I saw the coolest animal, one that I had never seen before in my life! I unfortunately did not have my camera with me at the beach, so despite the many opportunities this animal gave me to take it's picture (hint #1), I am now on a mission to get it on camera and on Melville Sunsets for you all to see!

When I returned to the house, I did a bit of research on the animal, because it was particularly aggressive towards Raven (hint #2) and found out that they can be quite fatal towards dogs. As such, if you are in the Melville area with your dog, keep a close eye on them and if they tend to run and not respond to you when distracted, keep them on a leash! I'll be monitoring that area of the beach and keeping Raven distracted away from there until there is no threat or danger to her well-being as we continue to explore Melville.


Here is a picture of where the animal meandered off to once Raven left the area and it realized that I was there and not giving up trying to cross the brook that divides the beach (hint #3).


As we walked down to the other end of the beach, I captured some more pictures of the shoreline erosion that happened over the winter. More mud too!







So if you want to take a guess at what mystery animal I saw, comment below and stay tuned for a picture (hopefully coming soon!).

An open oyster shell I found a little further down the beach (sadly, no pearls).
Lobster season in Melville is still a little ways off, but the winter storms tend to bring lots of buoys to the beach.  



No comments:

Post a Comment