Tuesday 8 May 2012

Kin of Bucky

Kin of Bucky
Since Sunday we have had a lot going on in Melville! My youngest sibling became a graduate of St. Francis Xavier University and I have returned to my first clinical placement. My mother and father are still in Melville and were able to capture these beautiful shots yesterday, while keeping me updated on the daily happenings. Above is another beautiful Melville sunset! As you can see, it does not take long for it to get out on the straight.

Below, my mom captured a pair of white tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus) or Virginia deer strolling along the driveway and scoping out the apple trees in the orchard! Despite the name, they are native to many countries, including all parts of Canada and are commonly known as whitetails.


The first deer we observed in Melville was denoted the name "Bucky" and since then any other deer we see are often referred to as his kin!

Below is another sign that spring is in full momentum, as mom's rock crest was in full bloom!


No comments:

Post a Comment