Tuesday 24 April 2012

Chai concentrate and a Good Book

Chai concentrate and a Good Book
Today was another drizzly day with periods of absolute downpour! On rainy days in Melville, it is an opportunity to get some housework done, make a run into town or just chill and hangout with a good book, some tea and the most comfortable chair in the world!

My brother and I headed into town this morning to get in a workout and then make a run to the grocery store where I picked up some sweetened condensed milk and cardamom spice to give Sherrie G.'s Chai concentrate recipe a go! It is super easy to throw together, stores easily in the fridge and lasts for 6 months:

1 can of sweetened condensed milk
2 Tsp of ground cinnamon (we were out and I used All-spice, ok, but not the same)
1 Tsp of ground nutmeg
1-2 Tsp of ground cardamom (I used 2, pictured above and smells wonderful!)
Sherrie adds ground cloves too, I chose not to and did not notice a big difference.

The original recipe includes sugar, which I also omitted as the milk is sweet enough. Mix well together, as pictured below, add 1-2 Tbsp to your tea and enjoy!


I first had Chai concentrate at Sherrie's place in a cup of organic black tea and it gave the feeling of just wanting to curl up in a warm blanket on a cozy winter's day! 



So with this worn-in comfortable chair waiting, halfway through another great read and my Chai concentrate sweetening my tea, I'm off to read away this rainy afternoon! 




No comments:

Post a Comment